Phone+61 2 8066 6180
Julian specialises in intellectual property law (patents, trade marks, copyright, designs, confidential information), trade practices and administrative law. He has appeared in a number of leading cases in the High Court of Australia and in the Federal Court of Australia. Those cases have included Samsung v Apple (mobile telecommunication patents), Apotex v Sanofi-Aventis (pharmaceutical patent), the Tobacco Plain Packaging case (trade marks) and IceTV v Nine (copyright). He also regularly appears before hearing officers of IP Australia in respect of registration of patents and trade marks.
Julian is recognised in:
- Chambers Asia-Pacific (2018) - (2016): Junior Counsel (Band 1 - Intellectual Property);
- Doyle’s Guide (2017) - (2015) - Preeminent Junior Counsel (Intellectual Property);
- Best Lawyers in Australia (2017) - (2014): Intellectual Property;
- The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals (2017) - (2014): Junior Counsel (Band 1).
Areas of Practice
Competition and Trade Practices
- Breach of confidence
- Misleading and Deceptive Conduct
- Trade Marks and Unfair Competition
ADMISSIONS & APPOINTMENTS
|Solicitor Advocate, England and Wales||2001|
University of Oxford